Steve Harvey has great plans for ATL, hosting 2014 Ford Neighborhood awards’ inaugural show
Get ready for a sizzling takeover in Atlanta, as award-winning radio, talk show and Family Feud host Steve Harvey, brings a star-studded awards show to everyday neighborhood stars with the 2014 Ford Neighborhood Awards’ inaugural show in Atlanta. A signature event recognizing the best leaders and organizations in local neighborhoods across the nation, the ever-popular Ford Neighborhood Awards show will be the cornerstone of a four-day blowout of inspiring activities and entertainment, which include more than 10 other events encompassing the 2014 Neighborhood Awards Weekend.
Running August 7th – 10th, the 2014 Neighborhood Awards Weekend brings a grand celebration to Atlanta with the Ford Neighborhood Awards show on August 9th at the Philips Arena, the 3-day State Farm Neighborhood Awards Weekend Expo August 8th – 10th at the Georgia World Congress Center, theSteve Harvey Morning Show live broadcast, a Family Feud event presented by Ford, and more August 8th at the Georgia World Congress Center, and much more, with tickets going on sale beginning Friday, March 7th.
With a surrounding lineup of well-loved fan favorites like the FreedomFriday Party, the Steve Harvey Morning Show live radio broadcast, the Sing Your Way to the Neighborhood Awards Finals, and the Ford VIP After Party, this year’s Neighborhood Awards Weekend brings even more action to the fans with new events including a church choir competition, Greek step show, domino tournament, comedy night, film and TV screenings, and more.
Marking the show’s 12th anniversary, Steve Harvey and television/radio producer Rushion McDonald created the one-of-a kind Neighborhood Awards show (formerly the Hoodie Awards) and Weekend Expo, giving star treatment to celebrate everyday men and women who uplift their neighborhoods through their contributions and excellence as local businesses, religious/community leaders, educators, churches, and high schools. Honoring their continued service driven by fans’ nominations, the show will bestow 12 non-traditional awards in the following Neighborhood Awards categories: Best High School Coach, Best Nail Salon, Best School Teacher, Best Car Wash, Best Church Choir, Best Soul Food Restaurant, Best Barber Shop, Best High School, Best Barbecue Restaurant, Best Beauty Salon,Best Church, and Best Community Leader.
Tickets for the 2014 Neighborhood Awards Weekend go on sale beginning Friday, March 7th. For tickets and information on the 2014 Neighborhood Awards Weekend of events, visit www.SteveHarvey.com. Stay tuned into the #1 rated Steve Harvey Morning Show weekdays live on the radio or online from 6-10 AM EST at www.SteveHarvey.com for the latest updates on submitting nominations and voting in the 12 Neighborhood Awards categories, essential news, daily inspiration, laughs and more from Steve Harvey and his co-hosts.
To connect with Steve Harvey and for the latest information, visit:
2014 Neighborhood Awards Weekend: August 7 – 10, 2014, Atlanta GA
Venues: Georgia World Congress Center and Philips Arena
- Thursday, August 7 – Comedy Night (2 comedy shows)
- Friday, August 8 – Steve Harvey Morning Show Live Broadcast
- Friday, August 8 – Family Feud event presented by Ford
- Friday, August 8 – Freedom Friday Party
- Friday, August 8 – Sing Your Way to the Neighborhood Awards Weekend Expo Finals
- Friday, August 8 – Sunday, August 10 – State Farm Neighborhood Awards Weekend Expo
- Friday, August 8 – Sunday, August 10 – Domino Tournament
- Friday, August 8 – Sunday, August 10 – Spade Tournament
- Friday, August 8 – Sunday, August 10 – Bid Whist Tournament
- Friday, August 8 – Saturday, August 9 – Film and TV screenings
- Saturday, August 9 – Ford presents the 12th Annual Neighborhood Awards, hosted by Steve Harvey
- Saturday, August 9 – Ford Celebrity Blue Carpet & VIP After Party
- Saturday, August 9 – Greek Step Show
- Sunday, August 10 – Church Choir competition